In the heart of Rila there are several huts, located above 2000-2300m and the terrain around them is very suitable for trail running. Whether you prefer easy or technical terrain, there are almost endless possibilities for every purpose.
When to do it?
The best time of the year for this itinerary is the period between mid June till late September. July and August are typically quite crowded.
This itinerary is very flexible and can be adjusted to suit everyone’s physical conditions and preferences.
Depending on your wishes the difficulty can vary from beginner to expert level. The terrain offers mostly grassy and rocky paths, from moderate to very steep ascends and descends.
- 4 nights in the cozy high-mountain hut Ivan Vazov;
- all transport during the trip
- licensed mountain guide
- mountain insurance for the period of your stay
- all meals during the trip
Price does not include
- drinks during the trip
- any equipment for trail running
- transport to Sofia, Bulgaria (plane, bus, train etc.)
- tickets for museums; tips to local staff etc.